Thursday, December 22, 2011

Nobody Too

I'm Nobody! Who are you?
by Emily Dickinson

I'm Nobody! Who are you?
Are you – Nobody – too?
Then there's a pair of us?
Don't tell! they'd advertise – you know!

How dreary – to be – Somebody!
How public – like a Frog –
To tell one's name – the livelong June –
To an admiring Bog!

Nobody Too
By Dana Eckstein

You're nobody?
What a relief!
All these somebody's running around
Like I'm someone to be found
Are making me loose sleep!

I'm nobody, you say?
I wonder how you knew?
I hide disguised
so I am most surprised
but I am sure glad there are two!

A pair, a pair!
There is nothing better!
Like a sock with a companion
A mountain with a canyon
A creditor and a debtor!

The somebodies, my dear
I don't know how they do
With the dreariness and publicity
The feigned charm and felicity
All to impress the likes of me and you

The frogs, the frogs!
They ribbited and they jumped
How they stand not to die
Before the public eye
Leaves me just quite stumped

Now that we've two of us
We'll never have to part
Unless of course you know
You're sombodiness comes to show
Because then I'd have to dart!

0 comments: